My own personal stance against religious hypocrisy - both my own, and any others who seek to hurt people in the name of God.


Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Random Word of Scripture

Do you know what I find odd? StatCounter. I put it on all of my blogs and I don't think it works well at all. For instance, just on an impulse, I looked at the hits my blogs have taken. According to StatCounter, this blog was visited twice today. So, out of curiosity, I checked on "Recent Visitors", just to see where the visitors lived. According to "Recent Visitors" this blog has not been visited since early August. Then I checked the map of visitors and found over forty visitors to this blog from all over the world. Well, not exactly ALL over. Lots from North America; many from Europe; a few from the Middle East; and even some from southeast Asia and Australia. Meanwhile, the main counter tells me the blog has had 72 visits total (don't know what the counter was at when the blog went silent). So, I don't really know if anyone is coming here or not.

However, on the chance someone is, let me put down something actually useful. I just opened my bible and it fell open to James 1:2. Kind of appropriate, as I have NOT been doing this.

James Chapter 1 (Revised Standard Version)

2 Count it all joy, my breathren, when you meet various trials,

3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.

4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him as God, who gives to all men generously and without reproaching, and it will be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

7,8 For that person must not suppose that a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways, will receive anything from the Lord.

9 Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation,

10 and the rich in his humiliation, because like the flower of the grass he will pass away.

11 For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.

12 Blessed is the man who endures trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life which god has promised to those who love him.

Something else. I had this marked in orange hi-light. I'll include the verses around.

James Chapter 2 (Revised Standard Version)

8 If you really fulfil the royal law, according to the scripture, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself,' you do well.

9 But if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.

10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one points has become guilty of all of it.

11 For he who said, 'Do not commit adultery,' said also, 'Do not kill.' If you do not commit adultery but do kill, you have become a transgressor of the law.

12 So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty.

13 For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy; yet mercy triumps over judgment.

It has been a difficult time. Mostly because I have made it so.

Don't know when I shall post again.

No comments: